Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Galataperform exchange

Our funding from Arts Council has been approved so its now on to the hard work of putting our solo work and our collaboration together.
Our next meeting is on Saturday 8th March. Each artist will bring a prop and we will start making connections and relations between objects, each other within the space.

My proposal for funding included this passage:

'my living body has a menacing and delirious concreteness. I use it to serve as a complex and fascinating object of study in relation to space.
Sometimes I use it to focus on extraordinary forms of embodiment such as investigating it as an ageing artefact. or I might use it to show states of obscenity or rudeness.
It can be a receptable for huge amounts of energy. let that energy loose!..............'

Im looking forward to making work together and to putting a really good show up for Istanbul.
Now that I am in receipt of the flight tickets it feels real.